The aim of the Westpac Rescue Helicopter Service is to continue to provide the Tasmanian community, and national and international visitors to the State, with a world class helicopter rescue service.
The ongoing objectives of the Trust are:
- Raise funding for specialised rescue and medical equipment,
- Raise funding for advanced training of the Police and Ambulance helicopter crew and pilots,
- Raise community awareness of the valuable service which the Rescue Helicopter provides,
- Provide education and awareness of air, land and water safety to the general community,
- Foster community involvement and support for the Rescue Helicopter,
- Remain accountable to the community for the use of funding raised.